Hello . . .
When I first ran for election, I took a stand for accountability. We need to track results to be sure our tax dollars spent result in good value. I spoke out for prevention. It costs less to prevent neglect than it does to fix it – whether it’s our roads, crime, building tolerance, or protecting our vulnerable citizens and our environment. And I pledged to work for our quality of life.
I still hold those values dear. And I’m proud of all that has been accomplished as our dedicated County staff, volunteers, and your County’s leadership have come together working long and hard to achieve good things for which Benton County is recognized:
- Health: Number 1 County in Oregon
- Kids: 3 times in the Top 100 Best Communities for Kids in the
- Safe: A declining crime rate over the years
Benton County government is an environment,
- Where a difference can be and is made:
- Where services can be crafted to effectively and efficiently meet community needs;
- Where opportunities exist to improve services and their delivery;
- Where there is encouragement to look at things in new and creative ways; and
- Where the groundwork for a better future is being carefully laid.
Together, we have made investments that are making a difference now, and for decades to come:
- Affordable health clinics
- Parks and Natural Areas Expansion
- Forest Education Center
- Adult and Juvenile Drug Courts
- Rural wildfire protection program
- Fairgrounds improvements
One of my greatest privileges and pleasures has been serving the people of Benton County as Commissioner. I ask for your vote in the November election, so I may continue to work on your behalf.